Friday, August 8, 2008
My Office Setup
My inspiration to this article:
I'm always aiming to get the most optimized and efficient work environment. Being more effective is my goal with this setup. As you can tell, aesthetics isn't so much a priority. This setup isn't 100% complete, but to maintain a reasonable budget, it's good enough.
- Acer 22" Widescreen LCD Monitor (Vertical)
- Dell 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor (Horizontal)
- V7 22" Widescreen LCD (Horizontal)
Keyboard & Mouse:
- Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 (keys mapped to commonly accessed programs)
- Logitech MX Revolution (thumb buttons mapped to move windows to alternate windows, middle button mapped to switch between tabs, etc)
- MATREX HIGH-BACK CHAIR (from Staples. I originally tried the Herman Miller, but I found it to be stupid expensive. I spent about $400 for this, and it's more comfortable than the $900 chairs I would've bought due to the headrest. It was hard for me to think that the $900 Herman Miller would've been more than 2x more comfortable than my current chair.
- HP Scanjet 7650 (I use this to scan in documents and automatically convert them into searchable PDFs. I recommend not getting this model and trying perhaps this one (http://lifehacker.com/365016/scan-paperwork-to-pdf-in-one-step)
This is just my humble setup. Probably much than most, but if you're looking for the ultimate in tips, check out LifeHacker.com
I'm just testing out the vertical setup It seems to make reading a lot of websites a lot easier. I'll see if this actually works out though. . . I had to buy a Neoflex LCD Stand in order to get my 22" Acer to go widescreen.
Anything in your office setup that you are exceptionally proud of?